Busy at work. Busy training. So let’s do some Thursday links.
- Defining Minimal: Part I — I love when I read articles that basically say what’s been in my head for the past day/week/month. Well this one has been in my head for yearrsss now. Though I disagree vehemently that “minimal” should be worn as casual shoes. Just don’t do it.
- High Sierra Shower Head — There’s a subset of triathletes (myself included) that are hugely OCD when it comes to choosing, well, anything. We’re the guys who read every Yelp review for a restaurant. It’s an endless appetite for information. And that’s how a shower head review ends up on a triathlon gear website. Some personal background: the very first thing I do when I move into a new place is buy new shower heads. Bones Gate still owes me a thank you for that one…
- Dress Like a Man — I like loosely keeping up with people from my past who end up writing for a living since, well, I like reading. Seems like a win/win, right? In that vein, I started following a girl I knew in high school on Twitter a few months ago. She dropped this bombshell on me recently. I gave up 30 minutes of sleep for this and don’t regret it. Two notes: (1) I pretty much agree with everything she mentions that she hates; (2) this is a good reminder that, though I spend upwards of 15 hours a week in spandex, I probably should put on a pair of pants every once in a while. And to all of you who wear running shoes with jeans: STOP IT.
- Ironman California 70.3 is on Saturday and I can’t find anyone to bike up to watch with me. Previews here and here.
- Finished my first Olympic distance triathlon on Sunday (yes, my first Olympic distance came after my first three half-iron distance races). My second will be in mid-April at USAT Collegiate Nationals in Tempe, AZ. Which means I’m back to working on my top-end speed. Excuse me while I vomit on the side of the road… again.