I’ve had a string of not-so-good races. Let’s rewind all the way back to last November:
- North Shore Turkey Trot: I believe Kevin, my racing buddy for the day, chirped me during the race with something along the lines of, “Whatcha doin’ just jogging out there?!”
- McMurdo Christmas Day Ob Hill Run: I went to bed one hour before this race. I didn’t even show up to the start line.
- UCI Zot Trot Sprint Triathlon: I did this literally the day I got back from Antarctica. It was the first time I had swim in 3 months, biked in 2.5 months, and run in 2 months. Let alone the first time I did all three since Ironman Wisconsin.
- UCLA IronBruin Sprint Triathlon: I crashed the day before and finishing this race almost certainly led to my calf/achilles problems that required 6 weeks off.
- March Triathlon Series Olympic Triathlon: Didn’t make it past the swim.
Yeah, not-so-good. And my training since returning from injury has not been so good either. So when Jeff texted me on June 30th asking if I wanted to race on July 4th, I was lukewarm. Continue reading